Sunday 10 August 2008

Greek style marinated vegetables



Taken from the BBC website

Ingredients
2 tsp butter
1 tsp vegetable oil
½ onion, sliced finely
2 garlic cloves, crushed
20g/¾oz green beans, blanched
45g/1½oz carrots, blanched, and sliced
½ lemon, juice only
85g/3oz button mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil


Method
1. Heat the butter and vegetable oil in a frying pan and sauté the garlic for one minute.
2. Add the green beans, the carrots and the lemon juice, and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms and the chopped herbs. Cook for a further minute, drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.


My mom told me she wanted to boil some long beans and carrots for lunch. I thought it was boring to just do that and so I went surfing on the BBC recipe website to find a recipe for it. And this is what I found. It's actually pretty appetizing; the contrasting savoury taste of fried garlic and onions and the sourness of the lemon juice. My mom likes it but I don't think my dad does as he's averse to sour foods.

No comments: